Skip to the content

Your home is probably the most expensive purchase you will make in your lifetime. To protect this important asset, you want to ensure you have the best homeowners insurance policy in place – with the highest level of protection – at a reasonable price. Your mortgage holder will, in most cases, require you to have this insurance, but you have options. At Campion Insurance, Inc. in Bel Air, Maryland, we work with our local clients to identify the homeowners insurance policy that will best protect you in a wide range of unexpected events.

When life throws you a curveball and your home is damaged, your homeowners policy will suddenly become extremely important. Most people have not taken the time to read the small print on a policy, and even if they try, the legalese can be difficult to understand. At Campion Insurance, Inc., we do the heavy lifting for you. We explain what the policy means in plain language, and how one policy may be better than another.

For example, will your personal possessions be replaced? Are you protected against vandalism or theft? Will you have access to funds for accommodations if your home has become unlivable? What if someone was to get hurt on your property? How much will you be paying out-of-pocket for your deductible? Let one of our local agents work closely with you to find the best homeowners insurance plan to suit your individual needs.

You may have other structures such as a boat dock or tool shed that needs to be protected. There are many different types of coverages on a homeowners policy, and it’s crucial that you understand all aspects of your policy.

Protect your greatest investment with a homeowners policy that makes sense. Call today and speak with one of our friendly staff to schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for you, including off-work hours. We are always happy to review your current homeowners insurance policy and help you discover whether there is better coverage available at a lower cost. It is nice to know you have a local agent to call whenever you need help. We live and work right here in Bel Air, and are always only a phone call away when you need us.

There are generally four distinct areas of coverage that you need to consider when looking for homeowners insurance: Liability Coverage, Property Damage Coverage, Medical Payments Coverage and Additional Living Expenses coverage.

  • Liability Coverage for homeowners includes coverage for if you or a member of your family is found legally responsible for injury of another person or property damage. In some policies, this coverage even extends beyond the borders of your property. Your insurance company will cover the damages up to the policy limit and support you in the event of a lawsuit. Certain limitations may apply depending on what type of dwelling you reside in, and whether or not you hold any other insurance plans, including auto or personal liability.
  • Property Damage coverage is fairly self-explanatory, but there are a surprising number of plans for such a straightforward area of coverage. That’s because there is a big, scary list full of things that can happen to your home, ranging from fire and flooding to hail damage or vandalism. There are two different options for property damage coverage: Named Peril Policies and Open Peril Policies.
    • Named Peril Policies only protect homeowners against specific risks. If a flood occurs, but your policy has no specific language covering flood damage, you won’t be covered.
    • Open Peril Policies, also known as all-risk policies, provide coverage for every type of risk, except ones that are specifically rejected by the policy. Open Peril Policies are the safer pick, but they often come with a higher price tag.
  • Medical Payments Policies do not protect you or your family members. They cover visitors who happen to sustain injuries on your property. This helps protect you from becoming personally liable for the medical expenses of your visitors. Regardless of fault, your insurance company will assist in paying medical bills up to the limit of the policy.
  • Additional Living Expenses Insurance covers a portion of your family’s living expenses if you are forced to relocate to a temporary dwelling after damage to your home. Any expenses above and beyond your normal expenses will be covered under this portion of your plan.

Call Campion Insurance today and find out how we can help you get the best coverage at a price you can afford.

Campion Insurance, Inc. offers free, comparative quotes on Homeowners Insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.

Want to see how much we can save you? Just request a quote to find out.